RECTOR’S HERRINGS RECIPE - banal and lightning fast herrings you can prepare at home, sure to appeal to everyone ? RECTOR’S HERRINGS RECIPE Ingredients: 4-5 herring flaps Small jar of marinated mushrooms 60 ml/¼ cup oil 1 onion 2 tbsp lemon juice ½...
GREEK-STYLE FISH RECIPE
GREEK-STYLE FISH RECIPE – one of the traditional Christmas dishes in Poland, delicious fish based meal that can be served both hot and cold ?
GREEK-STYLE FISH RECIPE
- 1 kg/2¼ lbs pollock or other fish fillet
- 2 large carrots
- 1 parsley root
- around ¼ of celery root
- 2 onions
- 125 ml/½ cup oil
- 2 tbsp tomato concentrate
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- ½ tsp sugar
- black pepper
- Wash and dry the fish with paper towels. Cut it into smaller pieces, season with salt on each side, then roll the fish in flour so that it’s covered (shake the excess flour off).
- Fry the fish on a pan with oil over medium heat (don’t use all the oil, only few tbsp so that the fish doesn’t fry on a dry pan) until it turns golden.
- Peel and dice the onions finely. Fry in on the same pan until it’s translucent (use the same oil from fish unless there’s some burnt flour left In which case replace with fresh oil)
- Peel and roughly grate all the vegetables, then add them to onion. Cook for few minutes, then add ½ cup hot water and let it simmer for around 15 minutes (make sure the vegetables are not overcooked)
- Add tomato concentrate and cook everything for few more minutes. By the end of cooking add sweet and hot paprika, sugar, salt and pepper for taste and mix well. If it’s not spicy enough you can also add lemon juice
- Lay down everything on a serving dish in layers: put some vegetables on the bottom, follow up with fish and then cover it with another layer of veggies.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2014/12/ryba-po-grecku/
GOŁĄBKI IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - gołąbki, or stuffed cabbage, is a classic Polish main dish. It’s really filling, so making one batch feeds a whole family without a problem, but they’re just as good when reheated the next day ? GOŁĄBKI IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE [sc...
TRADITIONAL ĆWIKŁA RECIPE - ćwikła is known everywhere in Poland and most households keep some at all times. It’s a simple side based around beetroots and horseradish, used along any meal of the day ? TRADITIONAL ĆWIKŁA RECIPE Ingredients: 1 kg/2¼ lbs...