GOŁĄBKI IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE – gołąbki, or stuffed cabbage, is a classic Polish main dish. It’s really filling, so making one batch feeds a whole family without a problem, but they’re just as good when reheated the next day ?
GOŁĄBKI IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 medium head of white cabbage
- 600 g/21 oz minced pork meat (for example pork shoulder)
- 300 g/10½ oz rice
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp oil
- black pepper
- sweet paprika
- 500 ml/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp tomato concentrate
- 1 tsp wheat flour
- Remove the core from cabbage and boil it for around 25 minutes. Separate it into leaves and remove thicker parts of stalks. Boil the rice to softness.
- Chop the onion finely and fry it over 2 tbsp oil until they turn golden.
- Move the meat into a large bowl, add boiled rice and fried onion. Season with salt, pepper, marjoram and paprika for taste, then mix everything well.
- Set aside two cabbage leaves and lay down the rest separately, then put some stuffing on them, enough so that you can still wrap the leaf around it (to make sure the stuffing doesn’t fall from the sides of cabbage, fold the sides before you wrap it around)
- On the bottom of a baking dish lay down the two leaves you set aside before, then line up stuffed cabbage on top, edge down.
- Boil down chicken stock, add tomato concentrate, mix well and add to the dish with gołąbki.
- Cover the dish with a lid and put it in a oven preheated to 180°C/360°F for around an hour. After that time, take the lid off, add 1 tsp of flour mixed with 2 tbsp of cold water to the sauce and mix it well. Leave it in the oven for another 25 minutes (same heat)
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2020/01/golabki-w-sosie-pomidorowym-najlepszy-domowy-przepis/