FLIPPED PINEAPPLE CAKE RECIPE – An unusual way of making a cake upside down, but one that allows for some delicious combinations 🙂
FLIPPED PINEAPPLE CAKE RECIPE
- 150 g/5 oz butter
- 150 g/¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 340 g/11 oz wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 ml/7 oz milk
- 1 can of pineapple slices
- 150 g/5 oz brown sugar
- 100 g/3½ oz butter
- Make sure the ingredients are in room temperature. Drain the juice from canned pineapple. Line a 24 cm/10 in springform pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the butter for caramel into small pieces and move them into a small pot. Add sugar and cook it over small heat, until it thickens and boils. Pour the caramel into the springform pan and cool it down a little, then place pineapple slices on top.
- Start mixing the remaining butter with sugar and vanilla sugar. When it becomes a fluffy and cream-like, add eggs to it. Separately, mix together flour, baking powder and salt, then gradually add created dry mixture to the butter one, alternately with milk after every small dose of flour, and continue until everything merges.
- Pour created batter over pineapples and bake the cake in an oven preheated to 180°C/360°F for 70 minutes.
- When the cake is ready, cool it down while still in the pan. Then, take it out by covering the top with a plate big enough and flipping it. After it’s out simply remove the paper and the cake is ready.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2014/08/odwrocone-ciasto-ananasowe/