CRUSTY STRAWBERRY CUSTARD CAKE RECIPE – A recipe for a perfect cake that will always work, crusty on top but the inside melts in your mouth 🙂
CRUSTY STRAWBERRY CUSTARD CAKE RECIPE
- 375 g/3 cups flour
- 65 g/½ cup powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 200 g/7 oz butter
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 500 g/17½ oz strawberries
- 2 x 40 g/1½ oz instant vanilla pudding (sugar free)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 1 l/34 oz milk
- Take a large bowl and put flour, powdered sugar, eggs, butter and baking powder inside. Knead into a merged, smooth dough. Split in at a 2:1.
- Grease and line a 20×30 cm/8×12 in baking pan with parchment paper, then lay down the bigger part of the dough over the surface. Wrap the remaining one third of pastry in foil and put both the pan and the wrapped dough into a freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F.
- Dissolve the puddings and potato starch in a cup of milk. Boil the remaining milk with sugar, then add the previously prepared mixture and keep cooking while constantly stirring to prevent burning. Keep boiling until you get a structure of a thick pudding.
- Pour the warm pudding over the cooled base, then stick pieces of strawberry into the custard. Take out the remaining dough from the freezer and grate it, then sprinkle a thin layer over the whole surface of the cake.
- Bake for 45 minutes. When it cools down, dust it with some powdered sugar on top.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2018/05/ciasto-kruche-budyniem-truskawkami/