PUDDING AND RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE – Another simple cake that always works and tastes delightful 🙂
PUDDING AND RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 200 g/1 cup sugar
- 190 g/1½ cup wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp water, room temperature
- 300 g/10½ oz rhubarb
- ½ kg/17 oz rhubarb
- 1 l/34 fl oz water
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 x 1½ oz cream instant pudding
- 250 ml/1 cup milk
- 150 g/5¼ oz butter
- 200 g/7 oz flaked coconut
- 2 eggs
- 100 g/3½ oz powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Put the eggs into a mixing bowl, add sugar and beat them. While beating them add water one spoon every few moments. When it becomes puffy and liquid, add flour with baking powder and stir once more.
- Grease and line a 22×32 cm/8×12 in baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter inside and bake for around 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the rest of the cake, starting with pudding filling. Boil the water with sugar. Peel and slice ½ kg/17 oz of rhubarb, then add it to the water. Cook for around 10 minutes, then drain the now compote from the vegetables (you should have around 700 ml/23½ fl oz of compote). Dissolve the puddings in a glass of milk, then prepare it on the rhubarb compote.
- To make the coconut topping melt the butter in a saucepan, add powdered sugar and coconut flakes, then stir. Take the pan off the heat, crack the eggs inside and whisk energetically until all ingredients merge.
- Peel and cut remaining rhubarb. Take the baked base and lay down rhubarb pieces on it, then pudding filling, spread it evenly and finish with the coconut topping. Try to keep the topping even around the cake.
- Bake again for around 15 minutes. When the coconut on top starts to brown turn off the oven. No need to cool the cake down in the oven.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2020/05/ciasto-z-budyniem-i-rabarbarem-przepis-na-domowe-ciasto/