LENTIL AND PEPPER SOUP RECIPE – For those looking for a good and filling soup to serve today 🙂
LENTIL AND PEPPER SOUP RECIPE
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 3 tbsp red lentil
- can of skinless tomato pieces
- 1 l/34 oz meat or vegetable stock
- 2 red peppers
- 4 tbsp couscous
- ½ bunch of parsley
- bay leaf
- black pepper
- hot paprika
- sweet paprika
- Wash down lentil in a strainer under running water. Clean the peppers, remove their seeds and dice them. Dice the onion finely
- Warm up olive oil in a pot, add onion and pressed garlic, then cook it until onion gets translucent. Next, add lentil and tomatoes (along with the juice), season with oregano, thyme, hot and sweet paprika, half a teaspoon each, along with one bay leaf.
- Cook everything under small heat, gradually adding stock in small doses up until lentil softens (should take around 25 minutes). At that time add diced peppers and boil the soup for 10 more minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat, pour couscous inside, season with salt and pepper for taste, then mix everything. Cover the lid and set the soup aside for few minutes for couscous to swell. Sprinkle soup with freshly chopped parsley before serving.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2014/01/zupa-pomidorowa-z-soczewica-i-papryka/