PICKLED BEANS RECIPE – Pickling is an old tradition in Eastern Europe and cucumbers are not the only ones to be treated with this process. Pickling green or yellow beans allows you to make those tasty vegetables last even outside of season. It’s good to prepare few jars before winter 🙂
PICKLED BEANS RECIPE
- 1 kg/34 oz green or yellow beans
- 1 l/34 oz water
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Wash the beans and cut all edges. Put them all into a pot and boil for around 5 minutes. Drain the beans and stuff them into jars.
- In a pot mix together water, salt and sugar. Heat it up and stir until everything merges. Fill the jars containing beans with created mixture and seal them tightly.
- Put the jars into a pot. For extra security, you can put a cloth underneath and in the space between, then fill the pot with water until just under the lids.
- Boil everything for 40 minutes under small heat, then take the jars out on some cloth to cool down overnight.
- On the next day repeat the process form the last point. Once the jars cool down again, store them in a dry and cool place.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2016/08/fasolka-szparagowa-w-sloikach/