SPONGE CAKE WITH RHUBARB RECIPE – Delicious, real homemade cake with rhubarb. It’s a must do during a rhubarb season 🙂
SPONGE CAKE WITH RHUBARB RECIPE
- 500 g/17½ oz flour, plus extra for yeast solution
- 50 g/1¾ oz fresh yeast
- 60 ml/¼ cup warm milk
- 3 eggs
- 100 g/3½ oz melted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 100 g/½ cup sugar, plus extra for yeast solution
- 600 g/21 oz rhubarb
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Start with preparing the yeast solution. Crumble the fresh yeast into a bowl, then add 2 tbsp sugar and 2-3 tbsp flour inside. Pour ¼ cup warm milk and mix well everything merges. Set aside for 15-20 minutes in warm place to grow.
- Pour flour into a mixing bowl, then add sugar, salt, eggs and at the end, grown yeast solution. Knead everything, add melted butter and mix again. Cover the bowl with a cloth or foil wrap and set aside in warm place until the dough doubles its volume.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F. Line a 23×33 cm/9×13 in with parchment paper and move the dough inside.
- Peel and cut the rhubarb into small pieces, Add regular and vanilla sugar to it and stir roughly, then put the mix into the pastry in pan.
- Last are the butter crumbs: add all ingredients(flour, butter and powdered sugar) into a bowl and mix by hand, until you get the consistency of crumbs.
- Sprinkle the butter crumbs over the cake. Bake for around 45 minutes.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2017/05/ciasto-drozdzowe-z-rabarbarem-i-kruszonka/