HOMEMADE RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE – simple cake with rhubarb that can be prepared without using a mixer. It’s soft, moist and delicious 🙂
HOMEMADE RHUBARB CAKE RECIPE
- 250 g/2 cups flour
- 200 g/1 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 160 ml/⅔ cup milk
- 8 tbsp oil
- 500 g/17½ oz rhubarb
- 250 ml/1 cup raspberry or other fruit jam
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Make sure all ingredients are in room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Wash the rhubarb and cut it into around 2 cm/1 in slices. Move it to a pan and heat it up with 3 tbsp sugar, until rhubarb goes soft and release its juices. Drain the juice and set the rhubarb aside to cool down.
- Take a large bowl and mix together flour, sugar and baking powder inside. In another bowl whisk well eggs with milk and oil. Afterwards, pour the liquid mix to dry ingredients and stir everything with a spoon until everything merges.
- Grease and line a 20×30 cm/8×12 in baking pan with parchment paper. Pour half of the dough inside, then spread the jam over the bottom layer. Put rhubarb in the jam and cover everything with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool down on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2018/04/ciasto-rabarbarka-mieszane-lyzka/