TRADITIONAL SZARLOTKA APPLE PIE RECIPE – Poland is rich in apples, so they take a huge role in Polish cuisine. One of the examples is this traditional pastry with apple filling, topped with butter crumbs. Everybody who tried it fell in love with it 🙂
TRADITIONAL SZARLOTKA APPLE PIE RECIPE
- 375 g/3 cups wheat flour
- 200 g/7 oz butter, plus extra for greasing
- 150 g/¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 2 kg/4½ lbs apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 70 g/⅓ cup sugar
- 3 x 40g/1½ oz vanilla instant pudding without sugar
- 150 ml/5 fl oz water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Take a large bowl and pour the flour inside. Add sugar and butter cut into smaller pieces, then baking powder and eggs. Knead everything into a smooth pastry and cut it in two. Wrap one half in foil and put away in the freezer.
- Grease and line a 23×33 cm/9×13 in baking pan with parchment paper. Place the other half of pastry inside and spread it evenly across the surface, making sure there are no holes. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Dissolve the pudding in 100 ml/3½ fl oz water. Wash and peel the apples, remove cores and roughly cut them. Move them into a pot, add cinnamon, sugar and 50-100 ml/2-3 oz water. Cook while stirring from time to time. When the pot content starts to boil, pour the pudding mix then keep cooking while constantly mixing until it becomes dense. Pour the apple filling over the bottom pastry and spread it evenly.
- Take out the other half of dough from the freezer and grate it. Sprinkle the created butter crumbs over the pie, then bake for 45 minutes (same temperature).
- Cool down completely, then dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2019/03/jablecznik-kruchym-ciescie-najlepszy-przepis/