LAYERED APPLE CAKE RECIPE – One of my favorite way of preparing an apple cake. I often serve it at my house when guests arrive 🙂
LAYERED APPLE CAKE RECIPE
- 500 g/4 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g/1 cup sugar
- 200 g/7 oz butter in room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp light cream
- 2 kg/5 lbs sour apples
- 100 g/½ cup sugar
- 1 x 75 g/2 oz lemon jelly package
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Around 5 tbsp hot water
- 250 g/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F.
- Place the flour on large flat surface, forming a pile with a hole in the center. Add baking powder and sugar. Slice the butter and put it in the mix. Finally, add cream, egg and egg yolk.
- Knead everything well into a smooth dough. Cut it into 3 equal parts. Wrap each part in plastic wrap and set aside for 40 minutes in the fridge.
- Grease and line a 22×33 cm/9×13 in baking pan with parchment paper. Take one piece of the dough out of the fridge, roll it into the size of the pan, then move it there. Poke the surface with a fork and bake for 20 minutes, until it turns golden. Prepare and bake the other two dough pieces the same way. Cool the baked layers on a wire rack
- Wash and peel the apples, remove the core then grate roughly. Move them into a large pot, add sugar and cook until they become soft. Turn the heat off, add jelly, then mix intensely and set aside to cool off.
- Take the same baking pan you used before and line it with parchment paper. Place one dough layer inside, pour half of the apple muse, another dough plate, the rest of the apple muse, then the last plate.
- Put the powdered sugar into a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice, then gradually adding hot water while mixing, until you get a desired consistency (it should be a semi-thick liquid). Spread the newly made icing evenly over the cake.
- Put the cake in a cold place for at least 3 hours, could be overnight. When serving, bring it back to room temperature.
Tutaj znajdziecie przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2014/11/przekladany-jablecznik-z-lukrem/