GREEK-STYLE FISH RECIPE - one of the traditional Christmas dishes in Poland, delicious fish based meal that can be served both hot and cold 🙂 GREEK-STYLE FISH RECIPE Ingredients: 1 kg/2¼ lbs pollock or other fish fillet 2 large carrots 1 parsley root...
RASPBERRY CLOUD – CAKE RECIPE
RASPBERRY CLOUD – CAKE RECIPE – A layered cake with crusty bottom, fruits and cream in the middle, topped with meringue. Be prepared to be taken away by its taste 🙂
RASPBERRY CLOUD – CAKE RECIPE
- 125 g/1 cup wheat flour
- 30 g/1 oz powdered sugar
- 100 g/3½ oz butter in room temperature, plus extra for greasing
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 l/34 fl oz hot water
- 3 x 75 g/2½ oz packets of jelly
- 500 g/17½ oz raspberries
- 500 ml/ whipping cream
- 250 g/8¾ oz mascarpone
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 175 g/¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- 4-5 tbsp almond flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Start with making the base: Take a large bowl and pour flour inside. Add powdered sugar, baking powder, yolks and butter cut into little pieces. Knead everything into a smooth dough.
- Grease and line a 22×33 cm/9×13 in baking pan with parchment paper. Cover the bottom with dough evenly and put the pan away for 30 minutes into the fridge. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Bake the base for 20 minutes, then let it completely cool down. Bottom layer is ready.
- Melt the jelly in hot water and let it cool down. Before it starts to set, put the raspberries inside. Wait a little more and pour it over the base as it begins to set. Put the cake aside in the fridge until the jelly sets completely.
- In the meantime prepare the cream: Pour cold cream in a mixing bowl and start beating it, adding powdered sugar and, gradually, mascarpone cheese. Mix everything well until you get a smooth cream, then take it out on top of the cake when it’s ready.
- Pour the egg whites into a large bowl and add salt. Beat them and, as the whites start to foam, gradually add sugar. Keep mixing until it becomes a dense and foam-like. At the end, before you stop mixing, add potato starch.
- Preheat the oven again, to 130°C/270°F this time.
- Lay parchment paper on flat surface and trace the edges of your baking pan on it. Fill the created rectangle with the meringue mass and sprinkle it with almond flakes on top. Bake for 65 minutes with fan convection.
- Let the baked meringue cool down completely on a wire rack before placing it on top of the cake. The finished cake should rest at least for two hours in the fridge before serving.
Tutaj znajdziesz przepis w języku polskim: https://przepisyjoli.com/2018/09/malinowa-chmurka-idealny-przepis-ciasto/
TRADITIONAL ĆWIKŁA RECIPE - ćwikła is known everywhere in Poland and most households keep some at all times. It’s a simple side based around beetroots and horseradish, used along any meal of the day 🙂 TRADITIONAL ĆWIKŁA RECIPE Ingredients: 1 kg/2¼ lbs...
HOMEMADE LARD RECIPE - rendered pork fat, known in Poland as "smalec", is a popular base for many Polish dishes, as well as a good substitute fat for frying and deep frying overall. It’s a must have in my kitchen at all times 🙂 HOMEMADE LARD RECIPE ...